Philosophy & Social Sciences
|"I think therefore I think."|
/PSS/ is the Philosophy and Social Science board on 420chan. Keeping in form with philosophy in general, there are virtually no guidelines or expectations for posting in this board. Discussions range from legitimate philosophical quandaries and questions, to technical questions about philosophy, to pointless and repetitive discussions about God and whether or not he/she/it exists, to topics extreme stoners discuss because they are "deep", to just about anything else.
 Trolling /pss/
It has been claimed by some /ph/ilosophers that trolling /pss/ is pointless and impossible. There are several reasons for this, the most basic being that no matter how trollish a post is, some /ph/ilosophers will treat it as a legitimate subject and will give a serious answer. Furthermore, it is usually impossible to distinguish between a legitimate thread and a troll thread on /pss/. This could be because all threads on /pss/ are trolls, because no threads on /pss/ are trolls, because some topics are posted with legitimate intent while similar or identical topics are posted with intent to troll, because all topics (not just threads) on /pss/ are troll topics, because all /pss/ilosophers have used/use/can use/will use their /ph/ilosophy to troll others, or because reality (and trolling) are illusions/simulations/pointless/lack telos and therefore /ph/ilosophers are just smoking moar than you and are immune to trolling.
 Notable Topics
Some of the topics on /pss/ are especially important, common, difficult, or otherwise noteworthy. These include:
- God, the existence thereof, and religion etc.
- Knowing, also called epistemology.
- Love and other emotions
- Teleology, or arguments regarding the purpose of life (or lack thereof)
- The philosophy of science
- Ethics, what makes something right/wrong
- Consciousness, or what makes us different from robots/things that are not, but could be, conscious.
- Metaphysics, that is the nature of Reality also the epistemology of reality (how do we know what is real/hallucinated)
- Aesthetics, what makes something beautiful
- Hedonistic nihilism and high school level Nietzsche.
- What is this fallacy called?
 See Also
|Boards on 420chan|