|"The heck is FtM?"|
/cd/ is a 420chan board where users discuss Crossdressing, and many trans-(gender, sexual, etc) topics. Gender androgynous and gender-queer discussion is fine too.
Despite being located in the Adult section, /cd/ has a less than or equal to appearance of pornographic images or erotic text than /420/ or /b/ and is generally more likely to have drama instead. This is considered by some to be considerably disappointing.
 Common Lingo and Situations
There are a lot of uncommon words, phrases, and unique things to /cd/ that you won't see anywhere else on 420chan. Here are a few things to know.
 Do I Pass?
Every would-be trans person will inevitably create a thread with pictures of themselves to ask the question of the day, everyday, "Do I Pass?" This is a request to the reader to discern if they think the OP appears as their desired gender. 75% of threads on /cd/ are concerning this. The best way to handle these situations as the viewer is with courteous honesty. If you are trying to see if you pass, know how to camwhore properly and don't get too touchy if someone happens to be unwarrantedly offensive towards you.
 Terms to Know
- Transgender: Transgender is the state of one's "gender identity" (self-identification as woman, man, neither or both) not matching one's "assigned sex" (identification by others as male, female or intersex based on physical/genetic sex)
- MtF: Used to denote a male become female. (lit. 'Male to Female')
- FtM: The opposite of MtF, a female become male.
- Cis: A term used to distinguish between genetic and transsexual individuals for sake of the prior. This is the opposite of the latin prefix "trans", and is often used in connection with a gender noun, i.e. 'I am a cis girl.'
- Genderqueer: Also commonly known as genderfuck, this term refers to those individuals who are androgynous or more than one gender simultaneously.
- Chasers: A [typically derogatory] term used to refer to cis people who prefer transsexuals. The most common instances of this involve a cis male and trans girl. Chasers are a topic of heated debate; many transpeople feel that they are superficially attracted to pre-op bodies and they are often met with hostility. Most chasers, however, insist that their attraction to transpeople is simply a sexual orientation and feel that they are no more deserving of scorn than someone who is bi-, hetero-, or homosexual.
Hormones are used for helping transgender people transition into their desired sex. A lot of talk on /cd/ revolves around this.
 How to treat a Trans person
This topic comes up from time to time from people who are unfamiliar with trans individuals and related issues. Typically the individual will want to be referred to as the gender they identify with, especially when they are presenting themselves as such. Using proper pronouns, like 'he' and 'him' for someone who identifies as male (such as an FtM) would be appropriate and supportive. However, take care when doing so, because the individual may not want to reveal this aspect of themselves around people they are not "out" to. If you are unsure about anything, be sure to ASK the person in an appropriate manner. /cd/ is also nearby if you have a more complicated question.
And like any minority, trans people are people FIRST and transgender SECOND.
 Meta /cd/
/cd/ is a hotbed of 420chan politics and public opinion, which is why it has one of the largest pages on Taimapedia for any board. Questions like, "Should /cd/ be in the Lifestyle or Adult Boards?", "Should porn go on /cd/?", "Who defines what belongs on /cd/?", "Isn't /cd/ full of a bunch of whiny trannies?", "I really wish people would stop talking about /cd/ already, don't you?" occasionally flare up on /cd/ before getting locked, or rage on /420/ where they belong. And while the prior are common as threads, the later are sadly common reactions that are not nice things to say.
Currently, posting porn on /cd/ is an approved act by site policy. This ruling has flip flopped over the years and may yet change again as it is not entirely popular. Most users will tolerate it, but a number find it distasteful and may complain, or even spam the thread in question. Subsequently /kinky/, though not the official board for it, has been known to still house trans-, shemale, tranny, and trap pornography.
Currently, after certain persons became regarded as negative elements due to alleged consequences their namefagging, the ability for users to post with self-generated aliases on /cd/ has been removed. Staff have stated that given good behavior this ability may be resumed in time. This makes /cd/ one of the few forced Reuben boards where only Staff Members can post with user names.
 Scientific Evidence for Transgenderism
 The Brain's Gender
The brain has been recently described as having its own gender. Typically, the gender develops before sex hormones (estrogen or testosterone) are produced. The gender can be identified by analyzing brain waves among other methods. This has been studied in lab mice. LMGTFY.com
 See Also
 External Links
|Boards on 420chan|