Oxymorphone (Opana, Numorphan) or 14-Hydroxydihydromorphinone is a powerful, Schedule II semi-synthetic opioid analgesic first developed in Germany circa 1914, patented in the USA by Endo Pharmaceuticals in 1955 and introduced to the United States market in January 1959 and other countries around the same time. Oxymorphone is the active metabolite of oxycodone and is approximately 10 times more potent than morphine. It is related to morphine in the same fashion that oxycodone is to codeine (being a derivative of thebaine). It differs from morphine in its effects in that it generates less itching and other histamine effects and is alleged by some users to have superior euphoria. Depending on the individual patient, it can be either more or less nausea-inducing than morphine.
Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc. manufactures instant and extended release oxymorphone tablets under the brand name "Opana". Opana ER uses a revolutionary timed-release mechanism known as TIMERx. There are no known public methods for defeating TIMERx, making Opana ER unsuitable for IV or IM administration. The instant release formulation of Opana - labeled only as Opana - does not contain the TIMERx system and is suitable for IV administration when prepared correctly.
Injectable and suppository formulations of oxymorphone are sold under the brand name "Numorphan".
Routes of Administration
- Oral - 10-20% - Oral bioavailability is increased with the presence of high lipid content in the stomach (ingestion of high-fat foods) and alcohol.
- Insufflation - 43% - The wax cover layer on Opana ER pills must be removed before insufflation.
- IV - 100% - Only the instant release formulation of Opana may be safely administered intravenously. However, recently a dry prep method for Opana ER has been discovered (see below).
- Rectal - >40% - not entirely accurate but is one of the most efficient ways of consumption
Note: Ingestion of alcohol in conjunction with orally administered Opana ER has been shown to increase bioavailability upwards of 70% and has led to fatalities. Exercise extreme caution when taking Opana ER with alcohol.
Instant Release version
- Crush pill into a fine powder.
- Place powder into a tablespoon.
- Draw up 0.1mL/mg (i.e. 1mL for 10mg).
- Squirt water into spoon and stir gently for 1 minute.
- Filter --
- If you are using a cotton to filter, place your tightly-packed ball of cotton slightly less than the size of a fingernail into the solution. Then place needle-less syringe on cotton ball and draw up the solution.
- If you are using a wheel filter, which is highly recommended when shooting pills as the binders in most pills are very harmful, put the solution through the wheel filter and then draw up into the rig.
- Find a vein and shoot! (See IV page for shooting technique.)
- Opanaivprep 002.JPG
- Opanaivprep 003.JPG
- Opanaivprep 004.JPG
- Opanaivprep 005.JPG
Extended Release Version -- Crisping
For a long time it was thought Opana ER could not be IV'd; in fact, it can. Credit for this method goes to nonprophet of /opi/.
- Make the pill in to a fine powder and place it into a spoon.
- Heat the dry powder (without water!) until it gets to a nice dark brown color. Don't stop if it's just a tan-looking dope color. It needs to be BROWN. Don't burn it, but get it as dark as you can get it without it smoking.
- Remove the powder from the spoon before it cools.
- Add water to the spoon and slowly stir in the powder. It will still gel a little bit, but not too badly. If you notice that the solution is still too thick once you mix it up, you can always add more water later and then just take it in two shots.
- Use a wheel filter at this point if you have one to cut down on the viscosity quite a bit. If you don't have one or just aren't concerned about the serious health risks posed by shooting pill binders into your veins, place a piece of cotton in the solution. If you're this far into the game you know what you're doing anyhow.
- Draw the solution into the rig. It should be a yellowish brown color when drawn up.
- Put it in your veins and enjoy.
- Note: this method can also be used for insufflation (just rail the brown powder; it will gel less this way) or used for plugging.
Extended Release Version -- Alcohol Extraction
First off, you'll need to buy at least 91% alcohol and one oral syringe for toddlers
- Remove plunger from the oral syringe and insert a cotton filter. Insert the plunger again and compact the filter down to the tip. Make sure the filter is tight and compacted in the oral syringe but not so much that liquid can't seep through.
- Remove coating and crush pill as finely as possible
- Mix 1 tablespoon of 91% alcohol with your pill. Make sure the pill is mixed well and is fully dissolved into the solution
- Remove plunger from oral syringe and pour solution into the oral syringe from the top. Do not draw up the solution.
- Insert the plunger back into the oral syringe and push the solution out of the oral syringe through the filter into your cooker
- Turn your stove on high, place the cooker directly on the burner until all of the alcohol is evaporated then remove from heat. DO NOT use a lighter for this step
- Add 2 CCs of water to the cooker
- Place the cooker back onto the burner and rapidly boil until you see the solution bubble up. Remove from heat.
- The gel will now be completely separated from the water/oxymorphone. Toss a piece of cotton into the solution while it's still hot and draw it up with your rig. It will very easily draw up.
- Allow the solution to cool inside the rig before you shoot. The solution should be 100% clear and WILL NOT gel up as it cools. It will be a perfect shot with a killer rush.
- Enjoy your well deserved orgasm. This method is much less wasteful than crisping and you'll get 75-85% of your oxymorphone on your first shot.
This really doesn't take that long to do. When I first tried it, this method took me 20 minutes or so. Now that I am good at it I can prep a shot in under 5 minutes. Also, you can save the gel from your shots, add 2 CCs of water to them and cook it up to get the remainder of your oxymorphone if you want.
-  - A 9.8
-  - The Champagne of Opioids
-  - Has Its Ups and Downs
-  - Near Death
-  - Large Pink Pill